WHEN: Sunday, June 1, 2014, 3:00 – 5:00 pm
WHERE: Riverside Church, 490 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10027 (@122nd Street)
WHO: Gamelan Kusuma Laras is a classical Javanese gamelan orchestra based in New York City that performs music, dance, and theatre from the classical repertoire of the courts of Central Java. Created especially for the Indonesia Pavilion at the World’s Fair of 1964-65, the gamelan has the honor of being housed at the Indonesian Consulate in New York City. The ensemble is led by artistic director I.M. Harjito and director Anne Stebinger.
WHAT: The repertoire for this concert will be:
* Ladrang Singa-Singa (laras pelog pathet barang)
* Ketawang Larasmaya (laras pelog pathet barang)
* Gendhing Tejaningsih minggah Ladrang Playon Bedhayan (laras pelog pathet lima)
* Gendhing Onang-Onang, Ladrang Wirangrong (laras pelog pathet nem)
* Ladrang Kutut Manggung, Lancaran Kuda Nyongklang (laras pelog pathet barang)
ADMISSION: suggested donation at the door.
Follow us on Facebook and find us on the web: www.kusumalaras.org